Updated on 6th December, 2022
At IME-Ontario, we care about your privacy. This is why we collect and use your personal information only as needed to deliver our services and communicate with you effectively.
Your personal information includes information such as:
- Email address
- Phone Number
We only collect your information when we ask you to complete a form to book your Immigration Medical Exams.
The information is collected directly from you when you complete the form.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and similar technologies on our websites allow us to track information, such as your browsing behaviour, the links clicked, your device type, as well as to collect various data. This also includes analytics about how you use and interact with our Services. These technologies automatically collect data when you use and interact with our Services. It includes data such as:
- Log files
- Cookie/device IDs
- Page load time
- Server response time
- Approximate location information.
Thanks to all that data, we can measure website performance and improve our systems. Specifically:
- Interactions with the features
- Content and links (including those of third parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services such as:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Browser type and settings
- The date and time the Services were used
- Information about browser configuration and plugins
- Language preferences and cookie data
- Information about devices accessing the Services, including the type of device
- What operating system is used
- Device settings
- Application IDs
- Unique device identifiers
- Error data is collected.
Finally, all this allows us to provide you with more relevant product offerings, a better experience on our sites and mobile applications, as well as to collect, analyze and improve the performance of our Services. We may also collect your location (IP address) to personalize our Services.
Sharing with trusted third-parties
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- Accuro: medical software we use for online bookings and with the doctors to book your appointment and record your medical information for medical exam purposes.
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal information we collect during transmission and once received and stored, including using encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for various legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods.
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com
Lastly, if you make a request to delete your personal information and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted under applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality.